Thursday, April 26, 2007

How come I can't remove product upsells

Here's some background. I went to my website and looked at one of my products. I saw "Customers who purchased this item also purchased these items:" Ok, I thought, this doesn't belong here. So, I went in to the administrator, and looked at this product. I went to look at product upsells and cross sells. Guess what I found, nothing. Don't be alarmed.

Here's what's happening. BV Commerce 5 implements something called suggested items. Suggested items are items that are ordered more often. You don't have control over this, as it's automatic.

If you don't want it to show up, here's what you do.
  • Log into the admin
  • Click on the Options tab
  • On the left hand navigation, click on Performance
  • Set "Suggested Items Maximum Results" to 0
  • Click Save Changes

No comments: